A Safe City That Is Good for Business, Good for People and Good for Life.
To advocate for and inspire a shared vision among Greensboro’s residents and our police department to make the city a safer place to live, work and visit.
Five Areas of Support
- Leadership training and development
- Cutting-edge specialized equipment and technology
- Officer safety, wellness and morale
- Crime prevention/crime fighting
- Community partnerships and advocacy
The Greensboro Police Department has authorized 673 sworn officers and another 110 non-sworn employees to protect the city.
Over 83% of the Greensboro Police Department budget is dedicated to salaries and benefits, leaving little for discretionary purchases like equipment and training.
- Crime prevention
- Workforce development
- Community quality of life
- Budget and facilities