The Greensboro Police Foundation is an independent, non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization whose mission is to enhance Greensboro’s economic strength by promoting the safest city possible for its residents, workers and visitors through support of the Greensboro Police Department.
Since our establishment in 2012 we have raised over $500,000 to promote excellence in our police department. Our most significant accomplishment is the successful campaign to raise over $130,000 to purchase 125 body-worn cameras. Greensboro was the first major US city to equip its entire patrol force with on-officer cameras which will build trust within the community, provide indisputable evidence, reduce complaints without merit, streamline court proceedings and help with police officer training.
We have also accomplished the following:
- Raised $35,000 to equip the fitness center at the new Police Headquarters building (funding provided by a gift from United HealthCare)
- Established a police memorial fund
- Initiated quarterly Police Employee Recognition Luncheons
- Paid for recruitment billboards to increase participation of minorities on the police force
While we can be proud of this early track record, there is much more to be done. This is especially true in current economic conditions where cities across the US are finding it necessary to cut expenditures. The city of Greensboro will still be held responsible for providing law enforcement services; our goal is to supplement and enhance existing resources to make our police department better and Greensboro safer. Your contribution will benefit the following programs:
- Officer safety, wellness and morale
- Piloting and deploying cutting-edge technologies to solve and prevent crime
- Leadership training and professional development
We can help the police department become a national model of exceptional policing with your financial support. We ask you to please review the supporter levels and consider making a gift.